The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
The one that started the out of control spiral of America. Then the Libs all piled on.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I remember as a kid having a book titled "Little Black Sambo", a book about a boy in India who uses his wits to defeat some tigers and save his family. As a kid I saw it as nothing but a book I enjoyed, but I'm betting that one is no longer on library shelves. Different times, indeed......

I can see how people of color could be offended. I'm a white guy, so it's really not up to me to comment.
I don't recognize the person in the statue ... they all look

Can someone help me with the name ?

;)
True colors are evident on this board. To make a comment like that, even in fun, truly does show latent racism. I see the posts about people being just regular folks and claiming they aren't a part of the problem. I see this, someone making light of racial stereotype, in the current environment shows NO empathy for folks whose ancestors came from slavery. Very sad. Very few folks on this board call these individuals out on a comment like that.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
True colors are evident on this board. To make a comment like that, even in fun, truly does show latent racism. I see the posts about people being just regular folks and claiming they aren't a part of the problem. I see this, someone making light of racial stereotype, in the current environment shows NO empathy for folks whose ancestors came from slavery. Very sad. Very few folks on this board call these individuals out on a comment like that.
Why you would put my comment in there is beyond me. I stated as an adult ,I indeed see how the book could be considered offensive ,at least to some. I certainly would not buy the book for my kids today. In the environment of the 1960's ,in the eyes of a kid (and 99% of adults), it was not considered racist.

Times , and people , do indeed change. Many times for the better. This instance, with the book, is one of the "for the better" instances.

Few things that could be printed online could personally offend me.....calling me a racist, latent or blatant, is one of those that does offend me. Greatly. I never have been a racist......and you certainly have nothing to base your statement on in regards to me.

·
Super Moderator
26,441 Posts
Interesting take on that comment, not surprising from you, though.
What I find interesting is that all through growing up, through High School, college, the military, and my working career thus far I have friends, acquaintances, co-workers, managers, subordinates etc. that come from all walks of life. All from a different race, religion, gender (both of them), sexual orientations, nationalities. You name it, I've associated at various levels with it. All through that time, those that I was around all got along. Stereotypes were looked at as just that, stereotypes. When you know the individuals, you know that stereotypes mean nothing, even though there were differences about us. And for the overwhelming majority of us, we all joked about each other using those stereotypes. No one got offended, no one got hurt, and everyone participated. As we approached the 2008 election, and definitely afterwards, that all started to change. People that used to laugh right along with us, and throw out jokes of their own about others, are suddenly getting offended.
Wonder what changed at that time to start dividing us?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Take a deep breath Pops, and calm down.

Since the Obama era, this country has become a haven for minorities & degenerates, and there are no limits on the destruction, killing, looting, etc. that we are witnessing everyday by both blacks and supportive whites. If you are OK with this, I couldn't care less. What I want to see is equality, where ALL US CITIZENS have equal rights, are treated equally, and where there are no groups such as BLM, black caucus, etc. who in most cases are anti-white, and anti-USA. My great-grandfather fought against SLAVERY in the Civil War ... and I'm not seeking reparations. My father and grandfathers fought for our freedom in this country, and overseas, and I'm not going to just ignore what is currently happening to the detriment of the majority of U. S. citizens ... since I believe I'm allowed to speak my opinion, under our Constitution ! ! !

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I'm an old man these days, seen a lot of life in over seven decades. I have to say that one of the dumbest things I've seen in all that time is the phenomenon we're seeing today. People taking a snap shot in history, an event, an individual, a group, and judging them for something they did or thought or didn't do 200 plus years ago using todays modern moral code. Talk about taking things out of context, they don't even bother to discuss the context that the event took place in. That's how we know it's all smoke and mirrors, a diversion. These people don't really care a hoot about those historic events or the people depicted in those statues. They've formulated a plan of feigned moral outrage that they believe will silence their political opposition and result in giving them political power. Be smart, don't buy into their phony ideology and name calling of anyone who voices an opposing opinion.
These dummies have a long road ahead of them if they're going to right every perceived wrong in the 2000 plus years in the history of mankind.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
It offends me because blacks are so racist...BLM, Black History month, Black Entertainment Channel, now 2 black holidays, black dating sites, their own college fund and yet are able to claim everyone else is racist against them!
I agree there is much more racism in the black community than the white community but it is our white politicians and the MSM enabling most of it. Politicians pandering for votes of the black population at the expense of the white population. That sounds like racism right there.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The black community claims the police and the courts are racist against them, anybody here remember OJ simson ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts