The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does a PGC issued trap ID number look like? A guy is telling me he uses his CID number and it is the same thing. He has the ### ### ### format on his tags, I disagree with him. Please clarify. Thanks!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I would think it would be different than your normal hunting license number.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Good point. Just got my number last week. It's easy print out the form and fill it out. Send to regional oofice and you'll get your number in a week,

·
Premium Member
24,189 Posts
This is what they look like:

·
Registered
755 Posts
First of all, trappers have id numbers that were issued to them years before the CID. Secondly your CID is connected to your personal information in the PGC computers including your Social Security Number. I wouldn't want to have that out for everyone to see...

·
Registered
625 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, it is not legal to use your cid number, form must be filled out at the regional office or call them and they will mail you the form. Besides your return postage, the process is free.

·
Registered
625 Posts
That number could also be engraved into other items, and chances are that if the item was stolen and found, the psp could contact you....

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok thanks all! The form is on their website, you print it and send it. That is how this conversation with him started, I said I was going to get the number for next season and he said I didnt need to like he "didn't".

Which is better, the ID number or address on it? Which do you use?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I'm getting my number this year. I'd rather the PAGC have my info rather than anyone finding one of my traps and having my Address. The PAGC will not give out your personel information. If someone has a problem with one of your traps a WCO will handle in rather than Joe down the road showing up at your house. If your not doing anything wrong then you don't have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I agree with broknaero on the number, however if you may trap out of state you will need name and address or whatever the states requirements are!!!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
kish75 said:
I agree with broknaero on the number, however if you may trap out of state you will need name and address or whatever the states requirements are!!!
Did'nt think about that but good point.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I was going to say the same thing about out of state trapping.Not to mention, I'm not too worried about some smuck coming to my house about legally set traps.i'll continue to use my name and address

·
Registered
222 Posts
I got a separate number a few years back....it is formatted like: PA-R01-123

I have it printed three times on tags then cut them into strips then wrap it around a link of chain. So if you order 50 tags, you are actually getting 150.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
If you plan to trap out of state, don't use your trapper ID number. I tagged all my traps with my ID number and then had to re tag them with my name and address to go out of state.

EC

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
If you ever trap in MD, we currently do not require tagging of traps. Just don't trap beaver or otter if a nonresident. I dunno why they can't change that reg...( I was told it requires legislative action and that filing a bill would get the attention of animal activists...) You can trap 2 fisher per season though if a nonres.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts