The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4 or so traps I want to set I know it's late in the season and all but do the tags have to be metal or can I use marker tape or something and wright all the info on it. I know its to late by now to get them made and sit and wait for them to come so what are other ways I can tag my traps?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
casey said:
you must have tags with your name on them or a tag with a number that the pgc gives you.
Yes I know name phone number and adress but I was asking what are ways I can make some tags right now.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
casey said:
I don't see why not as long as it's a durable tag and can be read with no problem.
Yea I was wondering if any one ever made there own before.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Think the only requirement is they have to be durable...

Tape IMO would not be durable....

Id get a pop can..cut it open and cut it into strips...write your name and address on the strips with a ballpoint pen..should be able to.dent it if you push hard...would work like the "write your own trap tags" they sell...them wire them to your trap chains and fold them around it tightly so they arent ripped off easily

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mauser06 said:
Think the only requirement is they have to be durable...

Tape IMO would not be durable....

Id get a pop can..cut it open and cut it into strips...write your name and address on the strips with a ballpoint pen..should be able to.dent it if you push hard...would work like the "write your own trap tags" they sell...them wire them to your trap chains and fold them around it tightly so they arent ripped off easily
Thats actually a good idea thanks.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did the sodacan idea my hand hurts after 3 tags you have to press hard even with a notebook behind it ha. Glad I'm only setting three traps.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
When I was a kid, I used soup cans cut into strips and a permanent marker. They worked well and the writing stayed legible. Anymore though it is pretty cheap to buy nametags.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cspot said:
When I was a kid, I used soup cans cut into strips and a permanent marker. They worked well and the writing stayed legible. Anymore though it is pretty cheap to buy nametags.
Yea I know but seasons almost over no point in spending the cash and waiting for them to come.

·
Registered
339 Posts
mauser06 said:
I actually did that my first year. They tear off after one catch. But "durable" is a very grey area

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rain Man said:
mauser06 said:
I actually did that my first year. They tear off after one catch. But "durable" is a very grey area
Made some so putting traps out tomorrow hopefully get something.

·
Registered
339 Posts
If I were you and using those tags, I think it would be a good idea to take some extra tags with you so you can replace the ones that tear off. You'll never find the old ones.

·
Premium Member
24,075 Posts
bdemutis said:
I did the sodacan idea my hand hurts after 3 tags you have to press hard even with a notebook behind it ha. Glad I'm only setting three traps.
Use a nail to write on them that's what I did, you don't have to press hard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts