The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone used one of the tactical red LED flashlights for predator hunting? I see that Burnham Brothers has a scope mount for one. If so, what kind do you have? What sort of range does it give you? I have a Primos scope mounted light now. I like the idea of less bulk, and no wires or battery pack.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have a Super Tac made by streamlight. Lot of light for the money. A Primos 100 lense works perfect. I have only used mine on two leg predators. Would work real well for a shotgun light. It takes 123 batteries. I swap mine out about every 3-4 months, but I do not use the light to scan with. With the red filter I would compare to the Primos 100yards modle. They make a ton of weapons mounts for it. This light has a ton of throw for an LED

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just bought an Coast LED Lenser T7. I paid $46 at Amazon, and it's one heck of a light. If you're going to get one of these, get a P7. It's the same light, but all the mounts are for it. (I think the T7 is the same size)

I'm in the process of getting a mount. Burnham Brothers looks like the only place that has them in the US. There are a ton in the UK and AU/NZ.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts