The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I was there on Dec 31st and she had a ton of them. Not sure now. With this warm snap coming you know they will be out.

·
Registered
631 Posts
i went to tnt dec. 29 she is still taking everything. i took in 5 coon prices are reasonable, she was giving $15 and down for coon, $30 and down for reds, $20 and down for greys, $10 and down for rats. $5 and down for deer.

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
Not being a smart butt....but they are a phone call away! Always best to call ahead anyways IMO...set up an appointment..make sure they are open..make sure they are.willing to buy whatever you have....i never drive to a buyer without calling

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think westmoreland post is 9-5. I was just there today...big sign on by the front door but didnt pay much attention to it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any thoughts on how long is too long before taking a coon to get skinned. Probably wont be able to make it to T and T until the weekend and caught a coon last night. I have it packed in snow so it should stay cold/frozen.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rj5942 said:
Are you able to skin it and throw it in a freezer till then? Its supposed to warm up this week
I was thinking of trying to do that. Never done it before but it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I skin mine, leave them flesh side out until cool to touch. Then flip them right side out, roll them up put them in a plastic bag and then in a paper bag, then in the freezer they go.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok so I skinned the coon the best I could for the first time. I was wondering if I need to put the fur now into the freezer or is it good to sit out?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts