The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suggestions? I'm looking to move from a wrist strap to a t-handle model.

Any suggestions for which to consider? Any to avoid?

Thanks!

·
Registered
697 Posts
I purchased a tru fire hardcore four finger 3 years ago and used it for one season. Did not like it at all. I bought a Tru-Ball Boss X two years ago and havent looked back.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shop I tend to go to most carries mostly TruFire. What didn't you like about the Hardcore? Not questioning it, just looking for what folks did/didn't like.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I shoot a TRU FIRE hardcore four finger, and I love it... if these don't fit your hand the right way, your not gonna like it. I would shoot a few.. the Trufire, a truball, a Stan or even a Carter to see which it best for you... I like Stan's too...

·
Registered
697 Posts
tdd said:
The shop I tend to go to most carries mostly TruFire. What didn't you like about the Hardcore? Not questioning it, just looking for what folks did/didn't like.
I didn't like the fact that the head didn't swivel.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
MathewsMan85 said:
tdd said:
I didn't like the fact that the head didn't swivel.
That's one thing that I would have recommended also...

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, that'd get me unhappy, too. Thanks for the heads-up. Maybe I'll take a ride down to Lancaster Archery....

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I've been shooting an indoor league with a Hardcore Revolution since january and I really like it. Make sure you get the Revolution model, the head swivels 360 degrees.
I'm also trying to learn a hinge release and It's been kinda frustrating lol. I make 3 or 4 good shots then one wayyyyy off. It's a Tru Ball Sweet Spot II 4 finger.
I'll probably hunt with the 4 finger Revolution this coming season. if not, it'll be the Hardcore buckle.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I tried a back tension release... you really have to concentrate. I may try one again this year in the indoor league

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I've been beating my head off the wall learning the back tension. It is frustrating. I'd shoot X X X then come back with 3 poor shots. I just never feel like I'm getting the thing to go off the same way every time. I've watched tons of shooters also, some look so smooth, some not so much, but in any event, back tension seems to be very accurate and I'm going to continue to beat my head off the wall until I learn it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
bassnleo said:
I've been beating my head off the wall learning the back tension. It is frustrating. I'd shoot X X X then come back with 3 poor shots. I just never feel like I'm getting the thing to go off the same way every time. I've watched tons of shooters also, some look so smooth, some not so much, but in any event, back tension seems to be very accurate and I'm going to continue to beat my head off the wall until I learn it.
Keep your hand flat & parallel to the ground. In this position you will have better leverage to operate your hinge or thumb release with BT. If you have your hand vertical or at a 45 your back muscle won't work the release properly. This is how Larry Wise teaches BT & is how I shoot my hinge & thumb release.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great tips!

I'll be looking at releases real soon here, and I'm feeling pretty confident a thumb trigger will help me a lot, plus work out well in hunting situations.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
RayRay said:
bassnleo said:
Keep your hand flat & parallel to the ground. In this position you will have better leverage to operate your hinge or thumb release with BT. If you have your hand vertical or at a 45 your back muscle won't work the release properly. This is how Larry Wise teaches BT & is how I shoot my hinge & thumb release.
I've watched a few 600 shooters, who shoot 50+ X's in a round. I've seen a mix of either hand parallel or hand vertical to the ground. In either position, those shooters are so smooth looking, it's quite impressive to watch them pound the X time after time.
I personally can't get comfortable with my hand parallel. I truly believe it's due to a shoulder injury and surgery I had in 2012. Thanks for the tips and as I said, I'm going to keep at it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts