The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the following response from Thompson Center concerning sidelocks. I asked if they are making any, and will they still do warranties.

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #660000">Reference number: LTK51403787313X Please use this ticket number in any correspondence with us.
Subject: Sales and Warranty
Dear Customer,
We have discontinued traditional side lock rifles. We do not plan on making anymore. The lifetime warranty on all of our guns will be honored discontinued or not.
Sincerely,

Rachel Turgeon
Thompson Center Arms
Customer Service</span></span></span>

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
I understood they quit making them for some time.

Sad to see, they are a darn good off the shelf rifle. Looks like me and my Son have a few collectors items in the safe.

I bought a renegade left handed percussion of a fellow HPA'er a while back, glad I got it when I did.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
That,s a shame.I was plannin on buyin a Venture and or a Icon but not now.Why support em after this.At least for the time bein they honor the warranty.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I wouldn't feel that way about it. It's a business decision. Most people probably want to buy a cheaper foreign made gun since they only flintlock hunt a few days a year. They have always been a good company with a loyal customer base. I don't expect them to lose money just to keep a few PA flintlockers happy. How many guns has Remington and Ruger quit making over the years? I don't hate Savage because they quit making the 99. That is a shame though.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I get you rugered.But they just didn,t cancel a model,they dropped the whole shabang.That is their roots,that,s what got them where they are today.If it wasn,t for us,they would have gone belly up decades ago.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
True. But the Contender did pretty well for them back in those days also. I remember buying barrels for 40 and 50 dollars.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
True again.I remember in the late 80,s or early nineties when an older gent used to bring his Contender out to my place.They were really popular back then.Another fella had another brand of the same design but I can,t remember what it was called.Lets see if you remember and can have a perfect batting average.

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Ol Boy, was it Hopkins and Allen?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Don't know what that would have been. Wichita Arms, Lone Eagle, Rem XP100 were a few other single shots from back in those days. Lone Eagle had a breach cap on it like a howitzer, kind of big and ugly.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Probably in the infamous 221 Fireball by Remington. Another Remington original guaranteed to do the same thing as other cartridges that cost half as much. I say that as a proud owner of a 5mm Mag, ha, ha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts