The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw what I thought to be a good deal yesterday on a t/c renegade percussion flintlock. Was wondering if these are legal in the late season flintlock in pa and what a good price would be for a used one in good condition. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
The late season is Flintlock only,the percussion can be used in the early season,or regular firearms season.
Is the gun flint or percussion?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like a flintlock......but no pan....just looks like u put a 209 in there?? I have no experience with these just regular flinters so if anyone has one of these or knows about them please chime in.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
A picture would be great, sounds like whatever it is its missing parts, therefore the "Great Deal".

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Percussion has a small post where the cap is set for the hammer to strike.
A flint will have a hinged frizzen that is hit with the hammer holding the flint.
Percussion muzzys can be hard to sell as guys either want flint for late season or inlines for early.
Know of a 45 TC Hawken at a flea market now for $100.The guy just can't sell it and I have plenty.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what it has....a small post for the cap to set. So it is not legal for late season. That's what I wanted it for. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts