The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find info for a fair value for a T/C 54 cal Renegade flintlock. The gun has about 15 rounds, tops thru it, might have one scratch on the stock, no rust whatsoever. Is this model no longer made? I have seen more Hawkin prices, but otherwise widely varying prices, what's up with these models? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I agree with Ken, I bought one of these in a .50 cal new in 1980 (I think) and sold it probably 10 - 12 years ago to a friend for $150.00 but it was by no means in excellent condition. I would expect to pay right around $200 for one in great shape, maybe a little more for the .54 cal. I've seen Hawken's which are a much nicer gun in very good shape sell for $175 - $225 also.
It boils down to what is someone willing to pay for it at the time you want to sell it.

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
the renegade was a plainer, beefier gun than the hawken. one or 1 1/8 inch barrels as I recall. it yer wantin that style gun in a big bore or to fit a shot gun barrel to, the renegade is preferrable. for a short while I think TC offerred a 58 cal. version.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
zimmerstutzen said:
for a short while I think TC offerred a 58 cal. version.

True, but it was a percussion gun....I had one..Would have loved to have had a flinter in .58...They used to make a .58 Maxi-Ball or Maxi Hunter slug, I forget which, but I had some of those too.

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
big ken,,, all you need is a flint tc breech plug for that size barrel and you can make one up. it takes patience and a little know how. you can make your own drop in barrel. in reality, you don't even need the breech plug, but making a plug to fit the TC tang requires alot of work. As an old gun smith I knew said, take a piece of steel and file away everything you don't want. A company did offer plugs that screwed into standard threaded breeches that fit the TC tangs, but I haven't seen them in years. I have fitted Tc breech plugs to NON TC barrels and installed underlugs, underribs and thimbles to make them fit a TC gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts