The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

t/c renegade 54 cal

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  123 5/8 PY 
#1 ·
hey guys i bought this flinter yesterday.i'm new to flinting and need help buying accessories,powder,balls etc...can someone make me a shopping list?what load should i try in this gun?thanks.

#2 ·
Black English flints
1# of FFg Goex
.530 Round Balls
.015 patch
Jag
Cotton Cleaning patches
Ball starter
You can buy FFFFg for the pan or make some by putting FFg in a film canister with a lead ball and shaking.
A pound of FFFFg lasts most people a lifetime.

#3 ·
All the above +
Safety glasses
Powder measure
Pan Primer
Patch lube like Thompson Center Bore butter.
Oil to wipe down gun/bore with after cleaning the gun to protect from rust.
Rubbing Alcohol to clean the oil off before loading.

<span style="color: #FF6666">For load info if you don't have an owners manual with your gun you can down load it here and read it over</span>:
http://www.tcarms.com/assets/manuals/current/Shooting_TC_Side_Lock_Black_Powder_Guns.pdf

#6 ·
Join the Muzzleloadingforum; lot's of good info there. I inherited my dad's .54 renegade w/ out a clue how to use it and that board helped alot.

Mine came w/ a box of round balls & T/C pre-cut patches. My Bro in law told me that he and dad were shooting 80 grn FFg and it works well. I used that load, after a season to sight it back in w/ the T/C fiber optic sights I added.

WARNING! the cloud of sulfur smoke is immediately addicting; enjoy. Shoot it often and clean it immediately and you will have years of fun.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.