The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like Encores.....So much so I decided to purchase an Endeavor to use in the early muzzleloader season. Then I figure I change the barrel out and use a regular rifle barrel the rest of the hunting season.
I shot the Endeavor and like how accurate the gun was at the 100 yard range using 2 Triple Seven pellets and a 250 Grain bullets.
I was watching T/C Game Trails DVD that comes along the Encore. Some of the hunts with this 50 Cal Endeavor AKA Prohunter in line magnum are for Polar Bear, Water Buffalo, Elk.....I am sure the hunter are using 3 Triple Seven Pellets or 2 White Hot Pellets and 300 or more grain bullets in these kills.
I am really satisfied with the Encore 50 Cal in Line Magnum. So much so that I just might start to use this gun for all of my big game hunting from now on......
Anyone else feel the same about the T/C Encore 50 Cal In lines? Anyone that owns one not like the T/C in Line Encores?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I own 2 and 7 bbls No complaints at all. 204 ruger to 416 rigby we shoot them a lot.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I use my Encore exclusively----------My bolt guns have not left the safe since I bought my first one!!!
I will be buying my next one in pieces over the next few months.
Dave

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have used mine for last 5 or 6 years exclusively...a suggestion... try regular 2 FFG instead of the 777 and compare accuracy, mine shrunk the group conciderably and I find it no harder to clean. Endeavor 110gr Goex FFG and 250gr shockwave (black sabot) was down to last 4 bullets Sunday and they went through same ragged hole at 100 meters. Key seems to be when shooting from the bench, rest the gun as close as possible to the hinge pin.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
You can't beat a T/C. They way that they are built combined with the accuracy and versatility you can get out of them. As far as using the smoke pole for all your big game hunting uncle buck you shouldn't have a problem with that. Just make sure that the bullet you are using for deer is strong enough for bear.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
stack e'm high said:
I just shot a doe at 246yards tonight with my encore i shoot the 270gr powerbelt and 150 gr of powder.
That's awesome! How high did you have to hold?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Ihave it maked on my scope so i cant say for sure but guessing it was about 1 1/2 feet high i shot deer out to 312 yards with it but nothing any farther.All you need to do is set targets up and try it every gun will not shoot the same but this load wrks great for meand buy the way bullet pased all the way therw

·
Premium Member
24,020 Posts
Bought a TC Pro Hunter when they first came out. Best inline ive ever owned & i have owned my share to say the least!!

Mine loves 2 Triple Se7en Magnum pellets(equiv 120 2fg) and the 250 TS SW Bonded bullets.

G

·
0 Posts
I have been shooting Encores for years, I think I bought my first one about the second year they were made. My goal was to achieve rifle accuracy and distance to be used in non-rifle areas, I have not been disappointed.

Does anyone know how long Smith and Wesson has owned TC? I was surprised recently when I saw that on a TC box.

Dave didn't you used to shoot a "White"? Loggy do you still have your White?

·
Premium Member
24,020 Posts
HuntingPA said:
I have been shooting Encores for years, I think I bought my first one about the second year they were made. My goal was to achieve rifle accuracy and distance to be used in non-rifle areas, I have not been disappointed.

Does anyone know how long Smith and Wesson has owned TC? I was surprised recently when I saw that on a TC box.

Dave didn't you used to shoot a "White"? Loggy do you still have your White?
Yes...HPA...my custom Doc White Ltd Edition White Rifles Super 91 .504 caliber is my second best inline. I still have my White!! Darn...you made me feel guilty now ...mebbie they are BOTH my NO. 1 !!

I think S&W acquired TC about 1-2 years ago if my memory serves me.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have a Encore s/s .50x209 that I use all the time, whether Early Muzzleloading or Regular Deer Season. I have taken 4 Deer with it so far shot about 200 rounds thru it. I like to experiment with different loads/bullets. I have shot deer with the T-C Shock wwave but I don't like it's performance. I have settled on the Hornady 300 gr XTP .45 caliber bullet with a Harvester sabot and 2 Pyrodex pellets. I am still not convinced that using 3 pellets are any advantage. I think there's too much hype about "Magnum" loads, (3 pellets). Seems like a waste of powder and accuracy.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
HuntingPa
I never owned a White-----------Exclusive T/C fan here.
This is going to be the 3rd year since the merger(Or is it the 2nd year??).

Dave

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
stack e'm high said:
I just shot a doe at 246yards tonight with my encore i shoot the 270gr powerbelt and 150 gr of powder.
Congrats!!!!!!!!That was truly a nice shot!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was changing my fox gun out so much to the deer guns that I decided that I needed a permament fox and or coyote gun to have if I should decide to hunt predators at the moment. So I purchased a wood action for my 17 Rem CF and I don't change that action out at all....It's a dedicated fox,coyote, chuck gun at all times...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts