The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
T/C Pa Hunter

How long did they make em,and how long ago did they quit makin em? I seen one the other day that a guy traded plus cash for a Renegade that he wanted cause he wanted a shorter barrel.It,s a one owner clean rifle and I want to buy it but the price is a little high.It needs a little bluing touch up and the bore looks sweet.What is the price range for these?It is not the carbine and I,m glad.Do you think these are worth more than Hawkens and Renegades?I would think so.I really wanted one NIB but this rifle is nice.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Re: T/C Pa Hunter

I don't think you'll find a PA hunter for more than a Renegade or Hawkin, both of which have more bells and whistles. I have held a PA hunter (not carbine) and they do balance and handle very well. Too bad they were given the axe like many good things.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

I am not sure what years they were made but there were several design changes on them. The first ones were octagon to round with 1/66 twist in 21 and 31" barrels. The earliest ones didn't have the QLA and the latter ones did. Then they were straight octagon with 1/66 twist. The last years of manufacture were straight octagon 1/48 twist and 28" long with QLA's. Some of the stocks had steel butt plates and some had rubber recoil pads.

The used Hawken rifles would bring more money than the PA Hunter and the Renegade would be about the same or just a little more. The Hawken 1/48 twist that I had would shoot balls better than the PA Hunter would believe it or not.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts

Here are a couple of examples of how mossie explains it,

The bottom carbine has 1/66 twist,no QLA and octagon to round.

The one above has straight octagon barrel and QLA.Also recoil pad

Also the one pictured one bottom does not come with that checkering, my father had that done.
The bottom one is the older one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts