The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of an aftermarket trigger/lock assembly for the Pa Hunter that offers an adjustable or pre-set condition?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Denny, contact Jim Cullers at Ft. Chambers Gun Shop. (717)263-2223. We've had him install the T/C set-triggers in several Renegades and I believe at least 1 Pa. Hunter. Requires a T/C set-trigger and the larger trigger-guard. Audie..

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I have a couple TC PA Hunter stocks and I love the single triggers and the large trigger gaurds on them. In my opinion they are perfect. In order to make them very light pull I needed to swap out the sear return spring with a lighter one that I get from ball point pens. I just take the lock apart and swap the springs and put it back together.

Nice no creep light pull single trigger that is as good as any set trigger set up anyday.

·
Registered
351 Posts
mossie said:
I have a couple TC PA Hunter stocks and I love the single triggers and the large trigger gaurds on them. In my opinion they are perfect. In order to make them very light pull I needed to swap out the sear return spring with a lighter one that I get from ball point pens. I just take the lock apart and swap the springs and put it back together.

Nice no creep light pull single trigger that is as good as any set trigger set up anyday.
I curious to know how you got the idea to try this.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Well I first took the lock apart and polished all bearing surfaces and made sure there was no dragging or hangup of any of the parts and I noticed the lock still had a horrible trigger even though everything worked smoothly when that spring was out. I have several TC locks so I wasn't worried about not having a functional rifle.

I noticed that when pulling the trigger that the spring was what was providing the resistance so I wanted less resistance and a lighter spring would do that. I started taking pens apart until I found one just the tension I wanted and installed it. I want to make it very clear that <u>I am not instructing anyone on how to do this or recommending that they do it with their firearm; I accept no responsibility for anothers actions or decisions. I am only relating an experience that I have had and do not assume any responsibility for anyones actions.</u>

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thanks, mossie. I'm not about to tear my lock apart (I once dismantled a Model 94 action and almost had to take it to a smith to have it put back together. Glad the house was empty that weekend because I wasn't fit to be around until the gun was back in one piece).

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
It's the same exact lock Chumley. Just mark the way that the fly sits in there so you can put it back in right. It can be done with a little thinking no problem. I looked at it this way when I did mine; if I screw it up I would just send it back to TC and they would fix it. The two that I have tuned up right now I wouldn't let them out of my sight. The newly designed locks are great locks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts