The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching blackpowder retailers online to find these. T/C has discontinued the .54 cal bullets!!
I shot them today and an quite pleased with accuracy and ease of loading.
Any leads are appreciated
Dave

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
If you are unsucessful try the hornady great plains bullet. I use it in my lyman .54 and it shoots well. I think there are acouple different weights and they will be very close to the same.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Do a google search on Gamalial Shooting Supply. They are a large TC distributor that I have known for years. They have alot of old TC stuff in stock. Give Geoff Pare(owner) a call and ask him if he has any in stock, or at their stores. Tom.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Asajoe
I was going to try that route BUT have read where they are very hard to get down the barrel-----Have you experienced this?
I did find 2 boxes of them on a shelf of a local sporting goods store and snatched them up!!
Thanks again
Dave

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HoggHead
Thanks a lot-----I will try them. I will buy all I can find being they are now discontinued.
Thanks again
Dave

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I didn't have any problems loading with my deerstalker but afew years ago I had a cheap traditions flinter that I had trouble getting anything but roundballs into. It was a .54 also.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
HOGGHEAD said:
Do a google search on Gamalial Shooting Supply. They are a large TC distributor that I have known for years. They have alot of old TC stuff in stock. Give Geoff Pare(owner) a call and ask him if he has any in stock, or at their stores. Tom.
Their website says that the .54ca, is "out of stock"

·
Registered
889 Posts
wis bang said:
HOGGHEAD said:
Their website says that the .54ca, is "out of stock"

I think I clearly stated to call him and see what he had in stock on the store?? They are a retailer and a distributor. They probably don't have them in stock in the warehouse. So if you call the store you would find the answer. Tom.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
i used some tc maxiballs recently and they were hard to get down the bore. Im not sure if these were factory or home cast but what ever lead they used, was not pure!

If you cast with pure lead they shouldn't be hard to load at all.

I will be buying the 370gr .50cal mold next.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
burk313 said:
Try Fort Chambers in Chambersburg..He has TC stuff

Burk
Thanks for the tip----He had 2 boxes on the shelf,he is holding them for me!!!

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts