The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a box of T/C Prelubed 350gr Maxihunters today and shot 'em up the range in my new T/C Firestorm with 90gr FFG Goex. They shot well, but I'm a little concerned about their terminal performance and that they went down the barrel with very little resistance...Much less than a Powerbelt or other sabot. Is this normal? They also seemed to shoot better with a dirty barrel...possibly because there was a little more resistance? Anyhow, I couldn't pass them up...they were 5.00/box of 20.

·
Registered
893 Posts
You would have to define "little resistance to me"
Are they shooting well? I take it they are, then you'll be fine. If they were not engaging the rifling , you'd know it.
And 90grs and one of those bricks will kill easy enough of course won't shoot real flat like at 300yds like a 22-250 but you get the point.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Just got back from Cabelas, picked up a box of T/C 320 gr. maxiball. Wanted to try them, se how they shoot. Will be shooting them tommorrow.

·
Registered
538 Posts
They work good and it's normal for them to go down with not much resistance, just make sure they don't slide in your barrel.
I would load one and hold the muzzle downward and shake the rifle toward the ground a little then bring it up and run the ramrod down and check to see if it moved any.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
hunterx said:
oh almost forgot , 5 bucks for 20????
Where's that at?
I looked at a box of 54 cal maxi balls the other day, The last box I bought was around $12.00 and they were now over $18.00 and the ONLY difference was the addition of "A Smith & Wesson Company" to the bottom of the label...

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
wis bang said:
hunterx said:
oh almost forgot , 5 bucks for 20????
Where's that at?
I looked at a box of 54 cal maxi balls the other day, The last box I bought was around $12.00 and they were now over $18.00 and the ONLY difference was the addition of "A Smith & Wesson Company" to the bottom of the label...
S&W, the worst thing to happen to T/C.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found them at Walmart in Meadville...Went back this morning and they were all gone...They had 20 boxes or so yesterday at noon...Oh well, you snooze; you lose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts