The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about selling my T/C Hawken .50cal Flintlock, serial #63556. I bought the gun, unfired, about 5 years ago at an auction. I have shot it less than 15 times and put it back in the closet. Bore is clean. The gun is not perfect, but has never been in the woods. Would look brand new with a little elbow grease. I don't have the box for it, but I believe I have the manual. Been checking auction sites for values, but prices seem to be all over. Just looking for a fair starting price for an easy sale. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Start at a figure a little high.Then add "Bring Offer" and go from there.Most I see are $300-$450.

·
Super Moderator
12,810 Posts
i believe i paid 235 or 275 for mine about 8 years back...it was clean...33k serial number...but clean and is a shooter...

new ones are like 600+ i believe...maybe i got lucky...i dont know..

like the others said, start it a bit higher and take it down as you wish...or take the offer that makes you happy...

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Theres one for sale now on the for sale site for $395.,with extra.
Does yours have the QLA barrel?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have a clue as to what a QLA barrel is. Would gladly check if you could explain. Based on what I have been told, I think $325 plus actual shipping is a fair starting point, leaving a little room to negotiate with a serious buyer. I will wipe the dust off of it and try to post a pic in the classifieds. Thanks to all who responded.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
QLA-Quick Load Accurizer.End of barrel was made open to make loading "easier".

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Does the rifling come the whole way out to the end of the barrel?

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Did for a couple yrs.Some liked it,most didn't.Problem with sliding patches around ball at muzzle.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rifling goes all the way to the end. I listed the gun in the classified section. Workin on postin pics.

·
Registered
12,887 Posts
410-er said:
Did for a couple yrs.Some liked it,most didn't.Problem with sliding patches around ball at muzzle.
T/C has had QLA on all of their stock muzzleloaders for at least 10 years now. I can`t stand it, too sloppy with the ball and patches. Their replacement 1:66 twist roundball barrels don`t have the QLA

1 - 17 of 17 Posts