The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad gave my son a Renagde .50 cal. It hasn"t been shot in 10 years. I have the same gun. The hammer will not drop all the way down when the set trigger is set first. If we only use the front trigger (wich is HARD to pull) it works every time. I took the lock off and scrubbed it good but think it might be in the triggers. Going to take them out and take a look today. Any help would be great! Thanks...Shuey

·
Registered
773 Posts
Had the same issue with mine last year. So for the first time in 15 years I removed the trigger assembly and cleaned and lubricated, and they work perfectly. Take a picture of the parts once exposed, to be sure you will get them back in the correct order. Good luck.

·
Registered
695 Posts
The fly is either stuck or broken. it keeps the sear from engageing the halfcock position. when the set trigger is used. When the sinsle trigger is used finger preasure does that job.

The problem is with the lock not the triggers.

·
Registered
12,383 Posts
What long hunter said.

Sometimes dried grease or dirt causes them to stick. If broken or missing the sear catches on the half cock.

The fly is a tiny little kite shaped piece, usually about 3/16 to a 1/4 in length with a tiny hole in the end. Sometimes, all it takes is flushing the works with spray WD-40.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I found the problem. On the back of the lock there"s 2 screws that were loose. There"s a small pin or seer that was out of a grove. I put the pin in the grove and tightened up the 2 screws and it seems to work fine.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My son"s Renagde is shooting good. At 50 yards he's in a 3 inch bull with his last 3 shots! What I wouldn't give to have 14 year old eyes again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts