The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always wondered how well the T/C Single Shot Encore barrel patterns? Most time when your predator calling on dark nights....You only get one shot...The T/C Encore Turkey barrel would be an excellent gun to use for predator...It has raybar sights that can be illuminated with a small light along the barrel...

Anyone have one? How does it pattern? What shot do you use in it? Do you use it for predators?

·
Registered
239 Posts
My TC turkey 12 ga is one of the best iv ever patterened.....I do reccomend and carlsons choke tube with some type of recoil pad but smashes the turkeys. one of my favorite guns to hunt with

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good info about the kick.....I would probably use my Prohunter Endeavor stock since that take some of the recoil away....

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also like to use the single shot guns at night when hunting with another person...If I hunt alone I will use a semiautomatic....
Now I am using a 10 gauge NEF. However I will probably own a T/C Encore turkey gun someday since I could use that and use all kinds of shot size for what ever the situatuion warrants...Kind of hard to find certain shot size in the 10 gauge....

·
Registered
510 Posts
UB- I have the Encore 24" Turkey barrel if you are interested in one at a good price. PM me if interested.

Notch

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I get great patterns from my encore with factory choke and Winchester Xtended range hi density #6's. I really like that combination.....turkeys hate it!I just have to add one thing,Sims recoil pad!!!

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Notice that Winchester Carlston Deadcoyote chokes fit the T/C shotgun...Gee I would not have to buy a Deadcoyote choke tube.......Since I already own a Carlston that is made for my Winchester.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a 20" 12 gauge barrel for my Encore. It patterns very well. The gun only weighs 6 pounds so recoil is stout, I put a limbsaver pad on and it helps a lot. Before I put the limbsaver on it I had trouble with the gun shooting high.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It sure does kick like a mule.. Light gun but sure is nice to shoulder when your walking in and out.. Right now I took the barrel off and am using it for a dedicated 17 Hornet for predators. But doesn't mean I won't put the Turkey barrel on and use it for turkeys...

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I remember when I first got my Turkey gun... I do have a Benelli SBE 11 but I wanted to shoot a predator with the Encore Turkey gun...So I'm using an electronic caller and I notice 400 yards out a predator.. It was so far out I couldn't tell if it was a coyote or fox...He or she was just not interested in the electronic sound and it appeared to decide to not come to my electronic calling and started to mouse out in some heavy brush.. I had the wind in my face so it didn't smell me.. I reached into my pocket and gave at most 10 field mouse squeaks on my bulb squeaker. Before I knew it the predator came running right at me.. It ran the 400 yards with seconds.. Here it was a coyote.. I came within 10 yards of me and what do I have a single shot not the SBE 11.. The action was so fast that I missed it point blank with the extra full choke in the turkey gun.. Had I the SBE 11.. I'm sure I would have hit it one the 2nd or the 3rd shot.. Missed that coyote that night but what a story and memory I have when I had to take that single shot Encore Turkey gun out just to try it.. I have had fox do that to me when I use a pump or the SBE 11 and I get them with the 2nd or 3 rd shot if I miss them with the first..:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts