The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post a picture of this sweet T/C .36 cal. Seneca I picked up at the Lancaster Gun show this past Saturday,that mark on the stock is from the price tag sticker it cleaned off nice.
Can't wait to shoot it,never had a small cal. BP rifle.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I was at that show yesterday. It was the small show at the home and farm center correct? I bought a chunk of lead that some guy had on his table. Weird shape, like almost a handle. I thought it was a scuba weight. The guy only wanted $5.00, so I snapped it up.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I really enjoy the small frame muzzys TC made years ago.I have 1 Cherokee in 32 cal.,1 Seneca in 36cal., and 2 Senecas in 45 cal.If ONLY they were flinters!
My 36 had a charge from MANY years ago.Lots of scrubbing the bore and she is fine.I find the 36 a little "over gun" for squirrels but would be more suited as a "Turkey" size caliber.Not a fan of thin .010 patch but both the 36 and 32 like it with no blowby.
Here is what mine likes .

Pictures 001 by t410er, on Flickr

Lower shot is after sight adjustment.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
410er,
What distance were you shooting at?
I was up at Dixon"s over the weekend and he said 20 grs. of 3F was plenty for squirrels and such but he did suggest the .010 patches,
I have no idea this is my first small cal. BP rifle.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
That was 25yds.
I tried from 15grs on up.She liked 40grs so thats what I went with.Tightest group.I agree that 20grs is MORE than enough for squirrels.I don't use the 36 for squirrels often but tote the 32 more.
Remember,yours might be different!
My 32 cal likes 20grs .

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
T/c .32

That was 25yds.
I tried from 15grs on up.She liked 40grs so thats what I went with.Tightest group.I agree that 20grs is MORE than enough for squirrels.I don't use the 36 for squirrels often but tote the 32 more.
Remember,yours might be different!
My 32 cal likes 20grs .
Did T/C make a .32 cal in any of there rifles?

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
The TC Cherokee was in 32 cal mostly with some 45 cal and very few 36 cal.
The Seneca was in 36 and 45 cal and very few 32 cal.
They were small frame guns.The 2/ 45's I have I only use 50grs so less chance of a crax stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts