The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contacted SKB & Plano. Both said they will work with the SZ380. The SKB is a new model for 2011, it is 2skb-8010-M. The interior were the scope goes is 10.5". The Plano Manta 1133 is 12". I found a dealer that has both instock, so I'm going to go there tonight to see what one fits. Will update when I get back.

When I measured the SZ380 w/XB30 Scope & its factory base from the ground to the top of scope w/scope cover it was 11". So we will see.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The SKB fits, He didn't have the Manta, But looking at the specs for both the Manta will work. Well I went to get the Manta but he didn't have it but he had the SKB & That's what I came home with. I got it at Decker's. He gave me a GREAT PRICE $200 otd. Didn't want to spend that much, but at that price couldn't pass on it!!! You have to get the 2011 model 2SKB-8010-M. The M stands for Olive-Drab. Don't know if they make black?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The case has 3 straps to hold the bow in. One on each side of the limbs & one for the stock. There is 8.75" open behind the stock. This case is made to fit a variety of bow if u look on their site it shows u which ones fit. I'm going to get a piece of foam to add behind the stock. The case is the same size as my SKB Parallel bow case, just a little wider. If I get a chance later, I will take some pics.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
The foam that is used for fitting AC units in windows works great for padding, and can be bought at Lowes or Home Depot for a couple bucks. I just bought a couple pieces to use to rest the stock and limbs of my crossbow on for the winter months. Was looking to buy a hard case, but that would of created an even bigger storage problem for me as wide as they are. I have the short limbed Stealth and I just set it on a utility shelf and covered it with plastic.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Just took a look, actually Wal-mart is where I got the foam, they had a better selection in sizes than the hardware stores.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts