The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to try some swiss black powder. Anyone know who sells it in the Armstrong/Indiana county area ? Thanks

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Probably will have to order some from Powder Inc, Graf`s or some other Black Powder suppliers. Not too many places handle regular Black Powder let alone the Swiss.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
I tried it years ago.Real nice glaze on grains.Slightly cleaner burn.Don't need as much.Accuracy about the same.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
[ QUOTE=Blue Bird;1950529]Maybe in your area. Every gun store in my area sells black powder.[/QUOTE]

That's awesme. Wish it was that way here in my neck of Ohio. I'm surrounded by big box stores that carry nothing but substitute powders. I do have a guy south of me licensed to sell BP, and he does so for a great price out of his home powder magazine. He's still a good 30 minute drive from home, but he's got a good supply.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
never seen anyone that carried anything but Goex around here.

Is the benefit of the Swiss that much better than Goex to pay the shipping, if I were to buy it?

Since I now have 3 BP guns, working on getting my great-granddad's Rem 1889 sxs operational and plans to buy/build two more filters I'm thinking I had better plan on stocking up.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I use this powder, Schuetzen Black Powder. Its 3f is the same size as goex 2f, Low odor, shoots great, all my friends love it.

Its almost 9$ cheaper than swiss so 3 lb will be 27$ less which pays for Hasmat

Can buy it online.

Good luck, Stant

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Wanting to try some swiss black powder. Anyone know who sells it in the Armstrong/Indiana county area ? Thanks
Can't help you get it other than online. I tried some and I like Goex better but I am a round ball shooter and not overly concerned with velocity. I also felt the Goex loads were more accurate for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts