The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,149 Posts
I have asked this before and it doesn`t seam to be around this area. This area is definitely ruled by Goex. I use Goex, but wouldn`t mind trying Swiss.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I usually buy by the case (25#) but want to try 3F and see how it shoots first, I usually use 1 1/2F

·
Registered
13,149 Posts
tealdawg said:
I usually buy by the case (25#) but want to try 3F and see how it shoots first, I usually use 1 1/2F
If you buy powder buy the case again. May I go in on it with ya?

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
tealdawg said:
I was shooting 3fg goex before i went 100% Swiss. I find the 2fg Swiss to approximate fps of comparable 3fg goex load. Only thing..so much cleaner burning. 3fg Swiss was too hot in my flinters(blew patches etc). Ok in inline.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Octagon, I am using in BP cartridge rifles..buy the time i work up a load a case will then get me through about 2 years of matches..I have been using 1 1/2 swiss in the 45-70 but recently got a highwall in 38-55, while the 1 1/2 will work i was thinking that 3 maybe a little more velocity, trying to cut down the barrel time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts