The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any body have and used the outdoor edge swing blade knife? I have been thinking about them and throwing around weather to get one or not and if they are worth the cost. anybody have any thoughts or options of their experience with them?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I bought one last year. I used it to field dress a deer and it worked well. I'm not wild about the shape of the main blade. It has a little to much belly for my taste. I may have it reground slightly. The construction quality is good as is the feel and shape of the handle. The swing mechanism works well. The knife came very sharp from the factory. The shealth is functional but nothing fancy. The gutting blade works well and makes it very easy to open up the abdomen without fear of cutting the guts. It is a little work to get it cleaned up since you get blood and guts in the joint and handle. In years past, I've used a regular fixed blade (Fallkniven H1). I also like the orange handle on the Swing Blade. It makes it easy to find if you set it down on the ground.

·
Registered
10,312 Posts
Do some people call it a Kaiser Blade?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ah atomchaser i did not even think of the mess that would intail that is a good point. Thanks for the review that was what i was shooting for. Yankee i am not sure never herd of that before

·
Registered
10,312 Posts
Duh!
It was intended as a joke, for those of us with a sense of humor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts