The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a muzz smith that can sell me a quality frizzen, and pop it on for me here in SW PA. I reside in Wash. Co., but of course, will travel throughout the area to get the work done. Reckon it's not the proverbial "brain surgery" to do, but....

The .50 cal muzz is an Armisport supposedly, and has a wornout frizzen that will not throw spark. The seller seems knowledgable that it's shot, so I'm taking his word. Just trying to line up a SW PA person to purchase the frizzen and put it on.

·
Registered
16,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
should qualify... I'm looking for someone in the Greene, Wash, Westmoreland, Allegheny, Fayette type counties. Basically within a surrounding hours drive or less..... IF I CAN.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
don't know if they do repairs but may be able to steer you in the right direction!

MORRIS MUZZLELOADING
1205 WEST MAIN STREET
GROVE CITY, PA 16127

Open: Wednesday-Friday 6pm-9pm Saturday 9am-1pm

PHONE: 724-264-4747

·
Registered
50 Posts
You might call Carlson's Bait & Tackle. The owner is a black powder guy and has supplies and parts in his store. They are in Zelienople, which is less than an hour North of Washington, PA via I-79.

Carlson’s Bait & Tackle
116 Perry Highway
Harmony, PA 16037
(724) 452-6602

·
Registered
16,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i doubt you could find parts for it . i would would look for another rifle
Do you have knowledge of Armi Sport Muzzy's ? I did some snooping on the net, and there is Chiappa Firearms from Italy that makes these type guns. They appear to be replicas of different Civil War style guns. Trying to contact them, and get a model # off the seller here so I can somewhat educatedly speak to Chiappa. Appreciate any input however.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Fleroo,

It is ARMSPORT, not with an I in it, and which is the same as EUROARMS. You will need a frizzen for a Armsport or Euroarms Kentuckian lock.

Rusty

·
Registered
819 Posts
armsport is out of business ,been gone for at least 10 years imported nothing but cheap junk, thats why i said to look for another gun

·
Registered
819 Posts
Fleroo said:
i doubt you could find parts for it . i would would look for another rifle
Do you have knowledge of Armi Sport Muzzy's ? I did some snooping on the net, and there is Chiappa Firearms from Italy that makes these type guns. They appear to be replicas of different Civil War style guns. Trying to contact them, and get a model # off the seller here so I can somewhat educatedly speak to Chiappa. Appreciate any input however.
having shot muzzleloaders for 40 years , ithink i have some experience .

·
Registered
984 Posts
Cooperstown Trading post. Pretty sure address is Gibsonia PA. Allegheny/Butler county line. Gene's a great guy to work with

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Google on how to harden a frizzen. This is probably the best option short of total replacement. There is a product called casenit that is used to harden steel.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have parts for armsport invest and lyman when my dad retired we kept the inventory we are near the normalville area if you can find a lyman frizzen it will work on the armsport the only difference is some Charles daily and austinhalleck are the same pm me if you help iwill give you my phone number .

·
Registered
16,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bigbore, when I receive it, I certainly will PM you. I can send you the frizzen (or lock), if you would like to match it up, of course, I will gladly pay you for it. I found a place on the net that deals with Kentuck style muzzy's and "appears" to have the same style frizzen for $19.99. I'd just go ahead and get one, but not totally sure it is correct. Best to match things held by hand, not by pictures.

Thanks, and I will be in contact.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts