The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a used smith and Wesson m p 15 5.56 with a red dot scope and a tactical light, it is in good shape and comes with 4 mags. what is a good value for this gun? on gun broker there seems to be a wide range of prices, is there anything I should look for {markings ect.} to help me get a good value.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
What particular S&W MP15?
What brand red dot?
What brand light?
Aftermarket hand guards?

Just a few ?'s to ask the person.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Last year I bought a slightly used "low-end" M&P 15-22 for $300 with one magazine. It's a great shooting gun and an excellent trainer for someone new to the AR platform. The one I have is the non threaded barrel. The magazines go for about $18 a piece. Low end red dots go for $40-$80 depending on the model. I'm going to say a decent price is around $400-$450.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I just picked up a m&p 15 sport model a few weeks ago for $556. This model doesn't have forward assist or a dust cover. It's been a good and fun shooter so far.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
im in the market and finding you can get a new one for a tiny bit more then used. Everyone wants full price for them used.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies, I walked away from it. it was a sport model with a $40 scope he wanted $750 for it. A new one like it is 590 on gun broker

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
exactly!

goatman said:
thanks for the replies, I walked away from it. it was a sport model with a $40 scope he wanted $750 for it. A new one like it is 590 on gun broker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts