The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I posted ahile back about having a Sporting Clays shoot somewhere in the SW.. Kinda got shuffled to the back burner with trout fishing, turkey scouting, etc, etc...

I'd like to get back to planning something so if anyone has any good ideas lets get the ball rolling. Saturdays are booked for me for the next 2 months with Baseball and Turkey Hunting, so I'd like to plan something for maybe a Sunday afternoon??

I had inquired with Split Rail sporting Clays here in Claysville, but I'm open to anywhere that might be a more central meeting place?? Also like to get the youngsters involved if possible. Maybe have a few prizes for top youngster, youngest shooter, etc..

I've got several shotguns suitable for Clays and would offer their use to anyone who might like to try it but doesnt have a gun of their own. Once we settle on a date and time I will repost on the boards and hopefully we can get the word out to both HPA members and non-members alike??

Ideas??

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
i don't have any ideas of where we could do it but i would be up for it

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Let me know where and when. I have a lot going on this month including a trip to Dover for the race but will do my best to be where group wants to meet. Turkey hunting Wed thru Sat next week.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will inquire again at Split Rail and set a date on a Sunday. Last time I spoke to them I believe it was $45 per shooter and that included a steak dinner after shooting.

I also like the idea of a SGL cleanup day at one of our SW SGL's. I spoke to Rich Joyce about it here locally and he was all for it. Also spoke to him about possibly rebuilding the backstops/range on SGL 245 here in Washington County. All these places are local to me but if anyone else has places I'm more than welcome to ideas!!

lastly, maybe a fishing day at a local lake. Cookout, fishing, etc... again , I have Cross Creek lake and Raccoon Creek park local to me that both have nice parks and fishing, but I'm open to ideas for some other areas!!

Lets get something rolling soon

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
Does raccoon creek have camping I seem to remember they do.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
i looked they do have camping this would be a great place to have a get together, lets pick a date so i can reserve a campsite. i know they rent canoes and kayaks also.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd say maybe sometime in early June ?? After turkey season ends and trout fishing dies down a bit??

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
Not that my avalibility is a decideing factor but it would have to be the first or second weekend in june as i have another camping thing going on at shenango the third weekend

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
How about first saturday in june

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
If someone wants to make an annoncement to the forums go ahead. I'm at work on blackberry right now.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
I just reserved a site, d15 for the weekend. I'll work on getting a annoncement out to the general membership.

if anyone has any suggestions or ideas let me or anyone know, i would like to get an invitation out in the next day or two so people can make plans.

either way i'll be there

1 - 20 of 51 Posts