The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in SW PA in washington county. I have been hunting yotes for about a year now and yet to have some real success. I was lucky the first time I went out I bagged a single but since that I see everything except what I am looking for lol. I think that my isse is setup. I know that the wind is the biggest issue. If anyone has any helpful tips on wind setup and locations that seem to produce more than others like woods, fields, service roads, etc.... Any help would be amazing!

·
Registered
612 Posts
hey fury d where do you live i am in 84 by mingo. maybe we could get together and give it a go. i called in a double on the yotes on sat night. its worth a try. let me know

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Try to find farms that have a cow die off this time of year there having calves, some die and get taken up over the hill. Setup near them if your calling. Coyotes will even be there for the after birth, they love it. Trust me they smell blood like a vampire, ever seen how fast they make it to a deer gut pile.

·
Registered
612 Posts
fury d i lived in finleyville for 20 years the dumps were in my back yard. i shot a few yotes back there we should hook up and go shoot some let me know

·
Registered
602 Posts
Somebody else in my stomping grounds I see...shoot me a pm if either of you guys would like to get together for a hunt I. Usually hunt alone been tryin to find somebody to hunt with around here

·
Registered
602 Posts
About 10 mins from finleyville...I work night shift but I'm off thurs fri sat nights probably hit it hard this weekend try to get a few more foxes in before its over

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats where I hunt them now lol. I hunt the old fly ash dump site near the Elrama Sportsmans Club.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts