The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On November 16, 2013 the Susquehanna Valley Chapter of Pheasants Forever held it's fourth Veterans Hunt at Mason Dixon Hunting Farm. Everybody enjoyed some donuts, learned about PF, received a certificate from the PA House of Representatives and then headed to the fields to hunt. Everybody got a lot of shooting in and each veteran was able to harvest a few birds. It was a great day for everybody!

This was at least a 200 yard retrieve on a bird that eventually dropped in a tree line.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
bwire,
You gentlemen do a grat job with the Vets, one day I will have to pay you guys a visit.
Great pictures by the way!
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Looks like an awesome day! A lot of smiles on those "kids" faces also. Fine job, done by all involved!!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments. The vets are always just as excited as the kids when they are hunting. We like to get a nice variety of vets involved with the hunt. In this year's group we had hunters who have not bird hunted for 30 years, never hunted birds and one has a bird dog that is getting old and has not been out in a while. He said we lit the fire and he would like to get back out with is dog.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pine-Creek: Our habitat chair of our PF chapter is willing to show you our work around York County if you ever want to make the trip down. If you are ever available let me know and I can help arrange that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts