The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today the Susquehanna Valley Chapter of Pheasants Forever held its 3rd Veterans Hunt. It was a great day with a lot of good memories made. We also need to thank Jerry and Michele Walker of Mason Dixon Hunting Farm for having us. Here are a some pictures of the hunt. I'll add more info later.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Your efforts are a prime example that it is not who wins or loses a presidential race...it is the outstanding volunteers that contribute to the suport of our nations's heros that make us the best country on earth...as a veteran. myself, seeing those pics made my veteran's day. 2012. Kudos! BTW...any vets out there who want a ton of grouse flushes in northwestern, PA Id love to have breakfast with you and stomp some cover. Let me here from you.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Great stuff Bwire. You guys had a beautiful day for the Vet hunt.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a little more information on the hunt. This year we had 5 hunters participate in the hunt. There were 2 hunters from Adams county, 1 from York County and 2 hunters came up from Virginia. We started the day off with some donuts and OJ while we talked about the upcoming day. After that we had a brief talk about PF but more importantly we thanked the veterans for their service. The 5 veterans combined for over 70 years of service in many different parts of the world. The veterans served in the Army, Air Force and Marines. Each veteran was presented with a certificate from the State of Pa and Pheasants Forever thanking them for their service. After a brief talk about hunting with the dogs and what to expect it was time to hit the fields.

It was a beatiful day and everbody had a lot of action and each hunter was able to bag a bird. The dogs worked well and helped give the hunters many chances. Nittany and Blitz also made some nice retrieves during the day. This was the first time pheasant hunting for a couple of the veterans and for others it was their first pheasant hunt in many years. It was a pleasure to be able to provide these 5 men with an enjoyable and memorable morning.

Here is short video of part of the hunt. This bird was found by the dogs in another field. It was hit in the wing and could not fly again. We would have never gotten it without the dogs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts