·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Susquehanna Valley Beagle Club
Mifflinville, Pennsylvania

AKC Licensed, and IBGA Qualifier - Small Pack Option on Rabbits

March 1 and 2, 2014

Headquarter and Running Grounds: Mifflinville, Pa. From Interstate 80 Exit Mifflinville and follow Rt 339 North 3.8 miles. The Club driveway on right hand side. "BEWARE of RAILROAD TRACK CROSSING" at entrance.

Closing & Drawing: 8:00 A. M. each Day ... Premeasuring 7:30 A. M.

Class Date Judges

13" Dog................Saturday, March 1, 2014
Harold Mease and Tom Lienhard

15" Dog................Saturday, March 1, 2014
Wayne Heckley and Matt Rockefeller

13" Female.................Sunday, March 2, 2014
Leo Newsome and Tim Folk

15" Female.................Sunday, March 2, 2014
Ian Hannis and Curt Coleman

Prizes: Trophy to First Place hounds and Rosettes First thru NBQ.

Breakfast and Lunch will be served each Day.

Contacts: Pres Jim Knight 815-751-4780, FTC George Gately Jr. 570 544-2291, or John Becker 570-233-2569

GPS users Address 56 Beagle Club Road, Nescopeck PA

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow wish I had a big male I see a judge or two on here that will let them roll didn't t know any clubs in pa hired judges that let them run towanda used to but after watching last years big males I realized that most have been a thing of the past

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
anvil31 said:
Wow wish I had a big male I see a judge or two on here that will let them roll didn't t know any clubs in pa hired judges that let them run towanda used to but after watching last years big males I realized that most have been a thing of the past
Heckley is a great judge. That guy is like a deer. I watched him rip his hand wide open in NY a few years ago, never even slowed him down.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I judged their trail about 25 years ago. Big males with another judge. A dog from Ohio won but I had one of Ellers Outlaw hounds in first so we flipped a coin and his check dog won. It was in the rule book run to overtake. Pretty bad all judges have their own interpretation.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Yes no coin, was about a fist fight, he had him marked down more than I did but I was always on top of the hounds. His dog never showed it could run the front, my picked hound ran the front good and hard most of the time, in the pack he was in, and the winners pack. He may have ran over the end a couple times but the other judges hound was running head high on the lead dogs rump waiting for him to run over. His dog finished on down the road but it was not a dog for up North at the time. I know that sounds crazy but from Susky to the national run off it was 2 different type hounds. Oil City on up you could run a harder hound. Even judged Corning NY. and small bitches at the national runoff 1 year.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
What do you guys have left for snow Ryan? This warm up has been nice. I still have half a foot or so at my house but we only started with about 14 inches, I know you guys had "feet".

Whatever it is, should be nice and frozen for next weekend! See you there. Oh, I'll be bringing my "thirst" as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure of an exact amount its been melting pretty good all day. It should melt a bit more over the next few days as well, before it gets cold next week.

Glad to hear you are bringing your thirst as well. The ohio crew will be in and it should be a blast.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Snow levels as of saturday the 22nd are around 8 inches on the sidehills and 3 to 4 on the flats, one more day of melting and sun, real surprised at just how much did melt off, ran yesterday lots of bunnies should be fun!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not sure on who all from Ohio. I know Jones and Dan will be in, maybe some more, depends on work schedules.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Everything is good to go, Clubhouse is squeaky clean, parking lot is all taken care of for plenty of parking, heat and water will be turned on Thursday. Menu planning is coming along, making a big pot of venison and beef chili for the bonfire Saturday nite, and a whole pickup load of skid wood for the fire. So bring your lawn chair!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Smoke'n Mack said:
Is the snow out there still able to hold the dog's up or is it not crusted over?

Ryan, is Andy and Dan coming out Saturday night?
Quit worrying about the snow. Don't worry just like in hunting season Johnny's dogs will carry yours and be able to run. HAHA!
Just kidding, but no seriously your a sissy

·
Registered
178 Posts
jim ran sunday and our 13" stayed on top, the 15" broke thru, now it is cold and not expected above freezing so i think the heavier crust may even hold the 15", Jim is on his way down to run now will let you know how they make out, oh and a nice dusting of an inch expected over the crust should improve the scenting!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Mease535 said:
Smoke'n Mack said:
Is the snow out there still able to hold the dog's up or is it not crusted over?

Ryan, is Andy and Dan coming out Saturday night?
Quit worrying about the snow. Don't worry just like in hunting season Johnny's dogs will carry yours and be able to run. HAHA!
Just kidding, but no seriously your a sissy
LOL. I was just making some small talk Mease. I'm only bringing my girls to make sure that Gretchen gets enough points to finish. That way I don't have to hang out with you at these things any more.

It sounds like you want to settle this in your swamp, not inside a fence. I'm in. And then, I'll paddle you with a ping pong paddle, just how you like it. HAHAHA

1 - 20 of 70 Posts