The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks ago everything changed on a farm I hunt. A field that had lots of deer coming into it every night suddenly had a few and they were super jumpy. Tonight I pulled a trail . Very disappointed
dead end road with no way to spot it from the road. Has Gates and fences. No way to drive on it without off-roading or going through a gate.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,180 Posts
Boy, I’d think with all this rain you could bury a truck going through a field. I’ve been extra careful not to get stuck.

·
Registered
19,014 Posts
looks more like a spotlight than a head light. maybe a predator hunter? any tire tracks in the field ?

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure how I wrote it but I thought spotlight as well. No noticeable tire tracks. I guess they could have walked to where they were. But unless they came through Deep Woods or knew how to avoid the camera I should have got them on their way in as the camera is near the Farm Lane and this is from the back of the field pointed towards the lane.

·
Registered
19,014 Posts
thats why i thought predator hunter. park on the road and sneak in, shine a red light and take a look. the red light wouldnt show red on your camera.

·
Registered
19,014 Posts
it will if its a trail cam that takes color photos at night. but the one above looks black and white

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Looks like a spotlight. Have gotten more than a few on cam. Even one at 1:30 am on July 4th a few years back. That started the crackdown from pgc locally. A picture can be worth 1000 words.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts