The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
son saw one on a hunting show this weekend, and said "daddy, we should get some of those"

I'm not one to turn down ANYTHING my son comes to me with that is hunting related as long as it promotes his interest in the activity...but then I thought "this ain't a half bad idea...but i'm not paying 15 bucks for one.

9 feet of paracord always at the ready and it's somewhat fashionable...i guess. Especially when Nick and I have matching "super hero survival bracelets"

anyone have one or make before? pretty easy little project for a young boy with too much paracord and a desire to learn some knots.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
I have 3 or 4 of them. Although I didn't make mine nor did I pay 15 bucks apiece for them.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I have one and have sent a few over to my Nephew,who's in the Marines, stationed in Afghanistan.I love the idea.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
guess I should have searched eh? makes me wonder though..i have a buddy who needs a rifle sling...now to figure out how to make it adjustable...

·
Registered
893 Posts
Get a book on braiding.
We did alot of stuff like this in the Navy.
Make a belt , then you'll have a TON of paracord.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, but what happens if you have to use it? Britches that stay put are more important than lashing a few poles together for your shelter. Baer Grylls said so! J/k

·
Registered
893 Posts
jayd4wg said:
Yeah, but what happens if you have to use it? Britches that stay put are more important than lashing a few poles together for your shelter. Baer Grylls said so! J/k
Well you got me there.
One certainly shouldn't be running around the boonies with their pants at kneee height.
least you be mistaken for a gangsta'

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL...that should be the next survival show. Drop a couple gangsta's off in the deep dark woods and follow them with a camera crew. now THAT would be entertainment

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Your son could easily market these bracelets on other websites I visit. Earning himself some cash of his own for a future bow, fishing rod, gun, etc! Just a thought.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts