The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Supreme Court will hear private property case from Pennsylvania farm.

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  icemole 
#1 ·
#2 ·
This is much to do over nothing and a waste of the SCOTUS's time. Some guy finds an obituary for someone he doesn't know and never knew and he want to ea able to trespass for nothing more than to prove a point that may not even exist. This is a total waste of taxpayers money!

#3 ·
Here's one that's far more worrisome: Evidence ruled inadmissible, that was in plain sight. How does walking up a driveway and looking at a motorcycle, equate to an illegal search of a vehicle?

Rooting around in a car or truck is one thing, merely looking at a motorcycle strikes me as something entirely different.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/17pdf/16-1027_7lio.pdf

#5 ·
Here's one that's far more worrisome: Evidence ruled inadmissible, that was in plain sight. How does walking up a driveway and looking at a motorcycle, equate to an illegal search of a vehicle?

Rooting around in a car or truck is one thing, merely looking at a motorcycle strikes me as something entirely different.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/17pdf/16-1027_7lio.pdf

The motorcycle was under a tarp. Totally different that just looking at the motorcycle parked openly in a driveway.

#7 ·
Everyone loves freedom, but it comes at many costs. Like said above even criminals have rights and police violating a citizens rights doesn't justify it in the cases they are right. When you look at it we are a "free country" but we are not really any more free than a lot of other places anymore, because people are constantly giving up freedoms to the government to feel safer.

#8 ·
Back to the "cemetary" issue.... There was a case here in Berks a few years back. An established cemetary was sold and the new owners put up no trespassing signs - blocked people from visiting graves and also refused to honor prepaid burials that were made by the prior owners. Not sure what happened in that case - I do know that people were ticked off about it as there were a few articals in the paper and local politicians were getting involved.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.