The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
hunter4095 said:
but i'll never shoot an albino buck, even if its a 180 class beast, thats bad medicine.
Even if its a doe! Ill shoot that deer! As long as I have a tag for it!
Then get a head mount and set it aside my deer I just got! Now I have something to hunt for and get the wife all worked up again! LMBO!!!!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I don't kiss the bullet. but I will carry it around with me in my pocket for a few days before hand. Have to have some PB&J sandwitches with me. Mid day If I'm not seeing anything I break out a sandwitch. I'm sure to see something then.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
No real superstitions but...In '06 my 11 year old son was going with me for the first time. (I am divorced and had to wait 'till "Mom" thought that he was ready).

Anyway, Sunday night, I asked him to pick the bush and pick the rifle....He picked "Neiser's" and the 760 Carbine, 30-06. I opened a new box of reloads and said...."Pick one"...He did. I took a black sharpie and wrote "Marlin and Dad, 11-27-06" on the case.

Long story short.....I shot the biggest buck of my life at 7:10 Monday morning. He was right there beside me.

Next time we get to hunt together.....I'm planning on doing the same thing.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Carry the silver bullet of first deer taken with my 300 win mag with me during archery, rifle, and muzzleloader.

Also, dont eat Chili the night before for good reasons.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
One of my rituals I have during archery season is I'll take a day off from hunting to wash my clothes, spray my climbing tree stand down, practice with my bow and just take a preperation day to get ready to get after it again. I think confidence is everything when it comes to being successful in the woods and instead of hunting every chance I get, Ill take a break from hunting (usually the prep day I spoke of above) to relax and clear my head.

Prior to going hunting, Ill usually listen to music on the Ipod a while. Each day is different sometimes Ill listen to Lil' Wayne before I go, other times Ill listen to some Nu-metal band or whatever I feel like listening to on any given day. I know "Music" has been used in prehunt rituals by Native Americans and other people over time so it "must" do something.

Im not superstitious anyways.. just stitious.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
evry year scence my dad could no longer hunt i carried his rifle. its killed a lot of deer and i felt part of him was with me there. this year i got a new one and fully gave it to his only grandson to carry our last name. i took the hunting knife he bought me and field dressed my kill this year with it. hopefully dads gun gets it first "new" deer tradition soon.he missed one last sat as he is expanding on his own and learning

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
LifeNRA said:
hunter4095 said:
but i'll never shoot an albino buck, even if its a 180 class beast, thats bad medicine.
Even if its a doe! Ill shoot that deer! As long as I have a tag for it!
Then get a head mount and set it aside my deer I just got! Now I have something to hunt for and get the wife all worked up again! LMBO!!!!
not even an albino doe, everyone i know of that has taken one didnt stick around for long to keep telling the story.

a baldy i would shoot any day of the week, but a true albino, no way.

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Jones blaze camo hat, beef roast in the crock pot for first day dinner, and like a few others kiss the round i place in the chamber. Oh yea, i thank the good lord for giving me another year of being able to hunt Pa. first day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i carry the empty casing from my first buck in my vest pocket, as im loading the round into the chamber i ask the round to fly straight hit hard and kill quick.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts