The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Superbowl means one thing in this house when the Steelers are staying home....Eating, but not just eating, usually it is time to use some of the deer harvest.

i am still looking for a grilling recipe for a loin or one of my prime hinds i carved out at butcher time on a NY doe, maybe even charcoal grilling if it is not too windy Sunday.

But just found this from one of the side ads here...and I think this is getting a couple pounds of my ground venison this weekend, we can eat on this all week if it makes it that long. Looks perfect for very lean venison ground.

BBQ bacon meatloaf

Could see a slice of this loaf being one heck of a sandwich too...

What are you planning for the BIG GAME feast?

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
Venison Chili.
Buffalo Chicken dip made with game birds
Plate of misc venison sausages

Oh, and beer!

·
Super Moderator
6,024 Posts
We always have a little family get together even if the Steelers aren't playing.

We are having:

Hot wings
Ham BBQ's
Sweet italian sausage with green peppers and onions
Venison meatballs
Venison snack sticks
Jalepeno's with nacho cheese
Mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce
Perogies
A few beers and bourbon

Like RB said "we will eat good all week, if it lasts"

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Bacon wrapped venison loins
Deer sticks
Smoked Cheese
Buffalo Dip

maybe some adult beverages once the littles are in bed

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
I will be doing some wings on the smoker.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Smoked garlic venison sausage, goose chili, venison bologna, fried wild turkey, some buffalo chicken dip, and some wheat water
....Im not sure what the invitees are bringing yet.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Making venison BBQ. Also making a buffalo striper dip,made it 1 time before , its really good.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Borden811 said:
Smoked garlic venison sausage, goose chili, venison bologna, fried wild turkey, some buffalo chicken dip, and some wheat water
....Im not sure what the invitees are bringing yet.
What time should I be there?

·
Super Moderator
26,958 Posts
Steelers aren't playing, I'll be sleeping. No sense staying awake all night just to eat! Although, some of the menus you all are planning look pretty good!

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL...I ain't even in Germany and I'll likely will be snoring by the always wonderful halftime show...LOL

unless of course hockey is on.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
We are having beef on wick, ribs, pizza balls, chili dip, hot wing dip, and mac and cheese....

·
Super Moderator
26,958 Posts
I'm on nightshift this month and my sleep is all messed up anyway, so I might stay up to watch some. Or I'll do some ribs on the grill then go back to bed

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Steamed shrimp, lump crabcakes, warm crab dip with toasted chibatta bread, waffle fries with old bay...& a slow roasted elk loin....Maryland crab soup on the back burner....</span>

·
Registered
826 Posts
Ole' Raspy said:
Steamed shrimp, lump crabcakes, warm crab dip with toasted chibatta bread, waffle fries with old bay...& a slow roasted elk loin....Maryland crab soup on the back burner....
Man Z, I bet I can find your house just with my nose. What time we eatin??

·
Registered
258 Posts
Some of you fellas are putting out some real feasts.... I couldn't care less about the game, but you guys sure are making me hungry.

·
Registered
570 Posts
We are doing, walleye and perch fry, putting about 20 squirrels in the crockpot, a venison roast, some grille back straps and some grilled loins wrapped in bacon.

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
SP Boss said:
Ole' Raspy said:
Steamed shrimp, lump crabcakes, warm crab dip with toasted chibatta bread, waffle fries with old bay...& a slow roasted elk loin....Maryland crab soup on the back burner....
It's at a Dr.'s home, that my wife works with....He asked me to do the cooking for his party.... Going to pick up a bushel of steamed crabs, that he just added to the menu.... Eating starts @ 5:30-6:00...

·
Registered
826 Posts
Ole' Raspy said:
SP Boss said:
Ole' Raspy said:
It's at a Dr.'s home, that my wife works with....He asked me to do the cooking for his party.... Going to pick up a bushel of steamed crabs, that he just added to the menu.... Eating starts @ 5:30-6:00...
I would probably need a Dr. after a feast like that ha ha! Enjoy Yourself!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
Got the coals going. Be cooking wings on the weber kettle today. It's pretty nice out. Lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts