The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today as it was a perfect day to hunt muzzeloader the way I enjoy still hunting. Just at daylight I was only a short way from my hunting spot and a great looking coyote crosses the road from me and runs up the hill and stops on the crest of the pasture field with the rising sun hitting him and his fur just glowed, what a sight, could have quit then and the day would have been worth it. Tracked a bear for about 1/2 mile (super fresh and large tracks) must have been about 20 foxes using this area both grey and red fox and saw another set of coyote tracks, jumped three deer after tracking them for a good distance and had a 75yd shot that I normally would have a good chance of getting the deer, but killed a three inch sapling a couple of feet in front of the deer instead. Just a great day in the woods, the most I have walked since I had my stroke in September, I just had to share with someone, 33 years a CO and still love every minute out there. I hope we don't loose this for our grandkids and their kids. Have a great week next week when you hit the woods
A.I.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Sounds great AI!! I agree, it's not always about the kill, it's the experience. BTW, will you be having the sapling done in a European mount?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Sounds like a blessed experience Ancient Indian. I am honored to share your words.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Great day indeed! It is nice to know you can soak in other things and be successful out there, not just killing. That is what makes the hunter...

Thanks for sharing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.