The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheapest tickets for the SB are going for $5,400 on stub hub...the best seats upwards of $35,000. smh

·
Registered
21,258 Posts
I'll stay home and watch it on TV for free. If you've ever been to an NFL game, you would understand that football, of all professional sports, lends itself best to TV. Live, it's almost dull. Ten seconds of action, then a minute or more of nothing. Granted the SB is a spectacle, but football is a TV sport.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I'll stay home and watch it on TV for free. If you've ever been to an NFL game, you would understand that football, of all professional sports, lends itself best to TV. Live, it's almost dull. Ten seconds of action, then a minute or more of nothing. Granted the SB is a spectacle, but football is a TV sport.
This ^^^^^^

On my couch, I'm 20 feet from the fridge and 20 feet in the other direction to the bathroom. No drunken idiots, no paying to park, no drive to and from. I can invite who I want to watch the game with me and the missus. What could be better.

·
Registered
11,205 Posts

I know, right? Pay to watch tiny little guys a half mile away, and stand on line for 30 minutes to take a whizz and miss half the game anyway.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Defense wins championships...but Quarterbacks win Super Bowls!!!

I have a feeling Mahomes will retire the greatest QB of all time.

Glad to see Andy Reid finally win one.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Years ago SB performer 70 plus age Mic Jagger SB performance puts J Lo et al to shame which says it all!! lol
I saw the Rolling Stones in '89. They did a four hour show.....excellent!

A dead Mic Jagger could put most performers to shame, Loggy....just not fair to compare anybody to Mic!

But yeah, this years halftime show wasn't great, as usual.

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
I have a feeling Mahomes will retire the greatest QB of all time.

I’m not gonna question that Mahomes is a great athlete and QB but he’s not playing the same game that guys like Johnny U, Bart Starr and the rest of that era played. Of course, it wasn’t called football back then, it was called kill the quarterback. When talking about great quarterbacks we really have to separate the eras.

I recently heard a radio interview with Harold Carmichael and he said he led the league in receptions in 1975 with 67. In 2019, Michael Thomas led the league with 149 receptions. More than double. Now, Thomas is a great athlete and great receiver but there is no way he would’ve caught 149 passes in 1975.

Btw, congrats to Andy for finally getting to the promised land.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I’m not gonna question that Mahomes is a great athlete and QB but he’s not playing the same game that guys like Johnny U, Bart Starr and the rest of that era played. Of course, it wasn’t called football back then, it was called kill the quarterback. When talking about great quarterbacks we really have to separate the eras.

I won't disagree with that dc, it is a different game today. And the fact that today's athletes are better trained, coached, and conditioned kind of skews things too. The stars of yesteryear were often relying on mere talent alone!

But, it is obvious Mahomes has that seldom seen talent....and he also can take a hit!

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I have always wondered how the quarterbacks of back then would fair today facing the defenses today. These guys are so fast and strong it's scary. Chiefs didn't disappoint, 20 points in nine minutes against SF. Thought my grandsons eyes were going to pop with all the booty shaking going on at halftime.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts