The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to send my Super Blackhawk .44 mag back to Ruger today. I shot 18 shots at the range yesterday with good results as always, and last nite while cleaning the gun, I noticed the forcing cone was split in two spots. Only shot factory ammo. Anyone ever have this happen, or have an idea why?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I sent it back and they will evaluate it and let me know. That gun's been very accurate for me since getting it from you,I have it scoped, as a matter of fact, the day it happened I was hitting water bottles at 100yds. Didn't notice it until I went to clean it. Wonder if the timing could be off with the cylinder and its firing when the barrel and cylinder are'nt lined up exactly? I guess they'll figure it out. P.S. Love the gun.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got it back from Ruger today,new barrel and cylinder. Looks like brand new, only took 19 days total,free of charge too.That's pretty good customer service IMO. Gonna get the scope back on and see how it shoots.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.