The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience in using the Suntek HC-800 LTE 4G trailcam?
I've recently purchased one of these cameras and find that the "user manual' leaves a lot to be desired. Also, Suntek technical support are not very helpful..
One of the most annoying problems I am having is with video recording length at night. The camera is set for 30 sec video length, 1 sec delay between movement detections, 1080P resolution and high PIR sensitivity. Despite these settings, the camera only records 2/3 sec videos during darkness. As soon as it's daylight, videos record for 30 secs.
This is a very frustrating problem that Suntek have been unable to help me with. I've missed some really great footage because of it.
Can anyone please help with this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, everything else seems to be working OK. This fault is so annoying. The Video Length settings are: 5 10, 30, 60 & 90 seconds. Everything works fine during daylight. However no matter what setting I choose, I only get 1-2 second videos during darkness. I've spent many frustrating hours trying to figure it out. I think I'll be returning the camera for a refund!

·
Super Moderator
28,990 Posts
Did you ever find out more from their tech support? Or, did you get the refund?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did get a very prompt reply from Suntek, but it merely stated what was in the user manual regarding video length options. They didn't offer any solution as to why the camera would only record 1 - 2 second videos at night yet function normally during daylight.
I returned the camera and got a refund without any any hassle whatsoever. It's a pity, as I really liked the camera apart from the night time video length Issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts