The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It begins tomorrow. Going to hunt until 11-12ish. Then the action, wind, and mother nature will dictate my next move.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tks. One buck just walked by. Not light enough yet to count pts. Spread was inside the ears. Good start.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Two doe just came in off the field. Head for me and were going to pass to my south. As soon as Mom hit my wind...frozen in time. They turned and did a big circle around me. Smart one. I was going to fill my other doe tag with her.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just had four more come in from the north side. Then a red fox ran between us and the doe turned around. I think they are still within 100 yds but I can't see them.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok...getting down at 11 and moving a stand. Then, coming back out in the afternoon with the climber.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Saw my doe again that were 200 yds away. They went into the woods were I had setup my other stand today. Great start. Remember to turn your clocks back tonight.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Back at it for an all day sit. Had two right at first light. A doe and ?? They were down wind of me b/c we have a slight N wind right now. Supposed to be S wind. Anyway they were using caution but not snorting, stomping, of flag waving.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am almost at a S wind now. A 5 pt just walked by. I was beginning to wonder why aren't the deer moving. It is great out here.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts