The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting up early on Sunday morning and heading to Washington County for a couple hours of hunting as the sun comes up. Just need to convince my brain that single digit temps aren't THAT cold.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think you'll be okay. It's going to be a balmy 16 degrees in the morning

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got back from Gander Mountain. Bought a pair of insulated bibs. That should help. Hopefully tomorrow I will be posting a pic of my first coyote.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Overalls are the key I wear heavy wool ones and I hunt when its below freezing. when I got my coyote the other night it was -2 felt like summer to me.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Felt like today's trip was doomed from the start. Almost forgot my rifle...Sling somehow came apart and rifle fell in the snow after I walked back in to get it...went to start calling and found that I had left the mini amp on my homemade caller on so the battery was dead (of course had spare batteries for everything but that). But conditions were perfect. It was about 9 degrees when I got to SGL 245, no wind. I started calling with my hand call. To me it sounded more like a goose than a rabbit in distress. Called for awhile with no luck. Went and got a battery and mae a few more stands with no luck. I did see some tracks that I believe were coyote at my first spot. I didn't see them on the way in so maybe something did come to check out the wounded goose after all. Didn't see any yotes, but it was a great morning.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I always wanted to try my duck commander br frozen ponds, anybody eles ever tried one?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts