The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Now we wait the 90 days and for the PGC to announce their plans for implementation.

One for the bowhunters of course. Yes that in fact WAS a potshot. I could not resist. >:):grin2: One in rifle deer, first or second Sunday. Some think it will be the second so that doe tags get filled. That does make sense. Im thinking that last up for grabs Sunday will be in rifle bear.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
If I were a gambling man I’d place my bet on that 3rd Sunday also going to rifle season, making an uninterrupted 15 day stretch. Gives them a shot a maintaining or elevating harvest without spinning the tag allocation wheel.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Buckskin Dave, Just make sure when you approach the counter to buy your license next season, you ask for that ever elusive "archery tag" and you too can embark upon the woods bow hunting. And maybe you can come to grips with acceptance too. Just a pot shot no doubt.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Buckskin Dave, Just make sure when you approach the counter to buy your license next season, you ask for that ever elusive "archery tag" and you too can embark upon the woods bow hunting. And maybe you can come to grips with acceptance too. Just a pot shot no doubt.

Never heard of an archery tag. But no thanks, hung up the bow many years ago.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
If I were a gambling man I’d place my bet on that 3rd Sunday also going to rifle season, making an uninterrupted 15 day stretch. Gives them a shot a maintaining or elevating harvest without spinning the tag allocation wheel.

You may be right. That would also make sense.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Have know clue where the extra 3 days will go! But I do know, going be a lot of b-------- next year! News just said 1 for rifle- 1 for archery- 1 for PGC to decide

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I assumed two would go to deer rifle and one to bear rifle, making all of the big game rifle seasons continuous. I never even gave thought to archery.:surprise2:

·
Registered
18,921 Posts
I assumed two would go to deer rifle and one to bear rifle, making all of the big game rifle seasons continuous. I never even gave thought to archery.:surprise2:
The legislation keeps control of SH with the politicians. This new law says that one must be in rifle, one in archery, and one the PGC can choose.

A Sunday in archery could also coincide with other seasons such as small game, youth and senior firearms etc............. So it is possible for the PGC to pick a Sunday where people other than archery hunters could participate.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
The legislation keeps control of SH with the politicians. This new law says that one must be in rifle, one in archery, and one the PGC can choose.

A Sunday in archery could also coincide with other seasons such as small game, youth and senior firearms etc............. So it is possible for the PGC to pick a Sunday where people other than archery hunters could participate.
I haven't really been following...thanks for setting me straight. I have also heard talk of spring gobbler.

Making it the first Sunday in deer rifle seems to make the most sense. Especially for those with camps. And bear season makes sense to make the regular season a continuous 5 day season, if they chose to add a Sunday to it. I'm sure there will be lots of opinions!

·
Registered
19,035 Posts
here is the proposal for the three sundays:

https://www.goerie.com/sports/20200113/pgc-draft-agenda-includes-bear-hunting-on-sunday

In its initial draft of seasons and bag limits for the commonwealth’s 2020-21 seasons, the Game Commission lists Sunday hunting on three consecutive weekends: deer archery season on Nov. 15, bear season on Nov. 22 and deer firearms season on Nov. 29.
The draft of the seasons also includes a second consecutive Saturday opener for buck season on Nov. 28. If the seasons and bag limits are passed in April, that would mean that buck season would start on a Saturday and run eight consecutive days through Saturday, Dec. 5, before a day off. The rest of the season would then run Dec. 7-12.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts