Premium Member
24,188 Posts
Catching a trout is more quiet than shooting a squirrel

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
280 Mike said:
I support inceased Sunday fishing.
Me too! Seems those fishermen are much quieter and less intrusive in my area. They don't perform trout drives on sundays, thankfully

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I'm not sure about quieter... I always have to wear my earmuffs as those M80s can get pretty loud.
I agree you should be able to hunt on Sunday or at least have the choice.

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
Swift said:
You can take a trout on Sunday.

You can't take squirrel on Sunday.

Any explanation?
Because there is an archaic blue law in place.

·
Banned
3,541 Posts
There are some landowners that do not allow fishing on Sunday. One of the more notable sections of Big Fishing Creek is closed to Sunday fishing at the landowners request.

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
If you take the time to check our game laws, you will find that it is illegal to hunt or kill most game on Sundays in this state. It has been this way or a very long time, and since we have no obligation to hunt or buy a hunting license, we must each choose weather or not hunting in PA is the right choice for us.

Many of us like the Sunday hunting laws as they are now and do not support any effort to change them.

Fishing, on the other hand, is perfectly legal nearly everywhere in the state and is a fine way to spend a Sunday n the great outdoors when not scouting hunting locations.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
When it opens you guys that like the sunday laws now can feel free to sit at home. We wont mind.

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
I won't sit at home, I'll go hunting if I still have my buck tag, fishing if I don't.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Moss said:
Catching a trout is more quiet than shooting a squirrel
You obviously have never gone fishing with my kids then. LOL.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Swift said:
You can take a trout on Sunday.

You can't take squirrel on Sunday.

Any explanation?
it's harder to fish for squirrels especially when your nuts keep falling off the hook

1 - 16 of 16 Posts