The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Was reading on Penn live, there proposing on adding the one Sunday Hunting into bear rifle and eliminating the Wednesday which is the last day and running a 4 day straight bear season and giving the Wednesday to fall turkey Hunter's..

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
I hate to tell ya this, but with hunters declining, diseases spreading, your gonna have nonstop hunting and more tags in years to come.

·
Registered
500 Posts
With the expanding bear seasons I wouldn't be surprised also if they added sunday and left wednesday as the last day. A five day rifle bear season. The kill on the final day of the season is never very high anyway.

·
Registered
182 Posts
almost seems like a waste to add a sunday. a few of our bear drives we skipped this year because they always push nice bucks out too so the guys in charge decided to wait for more guys and do it during deer season when they could shoot bear and buck

we also talked about doing some drives in the early muzzleloader season, then holding out until the buck/bear combo

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The overall decline in hunter numbers is astonishing....the PGC can say want they want but my eyes tell me different
.sad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts