The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks. On West branch right now. Was below Sunbury in morning. Yes there is a good current. Pain retrailering boat.

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
HSY93 , did they have any of the fiber bags lowered to help get rid the extra water coming down from the north and west branches?

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
HSY93, also on the west branch near Lewisburg is dee[ enough to boat. Right around where rt. 45 and 405 intersect. South toward the fiber dam See people out there boating and fishing. Also a good restaurant just below the bridge called " The Fence". They sometimes park their boats and go up for food take outs.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks for the info.Did good on the bass the last two days.Worth the 1hr or so drive up Each day.Water temps in the low 70’s and slowly clearing must be the ticket.Fish are feisty and plenty hungry.Fished two different spots had plenty of fish at both.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Put your boat in at Shady Nook in Selinsgrove behind Sheets and go up river to the old PPL plant and there is a small dam there. Great cat and bass fishing there. Get some stone cats and you will catch some big bass. My buddy and i were fishing there the other year and we were using Stone cats and he hooked into what we thought was a musky, we couldnt believe a carp at that stone cat. It was huge. The other summer in Sunbury there was a nice school of stripers in the river. We didnt catch any of them but the best time we fished it was in October and November for the Walley bite. From Selinsgrove to the Fabridam we do extremely well. The one year by the old PPL plant bass and walleye werent biting to well but we caught easily over 50 fat rock bass. Good luck
Just wanted to mention.Watched a guy in his jet go up over the concrete dam yesterday..must have done this before.Not sure how much over the water was but I could see where the dam should be.I stayed well below it.He then came back down .Also today saw some younger people out in the middle on there big blow ups floating by.Crazy!I hope they had life jackets on.?

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Just wanted to mention.Watched a guy in his jet go up over the concrete dam yesterday..must have done this before.Not sure how much over the water was but I could see where the dam should be.I stayed well below it.He then came back down .Also today saw some younger people out in the middle on there big blow ups floating by.Crazy!I hope they had life jackets on.?
You see all kinds of things in the summer lol You should definitely go in the fall

21 - 30 of 30 Posts