The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Christmas coming, I was wondering if the new style Quick draw cable adjustments(spring style) are any better than the old style slide and bend the cable into the cable bracket on the stand I think my Viper was made in 2002?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I still have my 2002 Viper as well---I modified the teeth a bit (Used a triangular file and made each tooth two by filing them in the middle---really bites into the bark now)but other than that she still works great!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
the only thing i miss about my summit is the seat. it sure was nice to sleep in. for stability, youll never beat a wolf.

but summit is DEFINITELY #2 in stability. i think if you added the strap to the front much like the lone wolf it would be just as rock solid.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I think the bar on the Summit is more sturdy JMHO and I too sleep soundly in my climber---wow I thought I was the only one???

·
Registered
102 Posts

lone wolfs are great but i couldnt afford one. for bow hunting i chose the bushmaster,and glad i did. its not super roomy,but you feel very secure in it. its the only stand i can do an all day sit in. its a little less expensive than the viper and is lighter for long hikes in.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Got my Bushmaster for X-mas years ago. 99 bucks at Gander, 50% off all stands sale. I helped her pick it out the day before the sale. I added a foam camo cushion to flip up against the tree and 1" I.D. foam pipe insulation to the arm rests. Very little weight added.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts