The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older Summit viper. What are you opinions on the Rapid climb Stirrups? or Should I just use the foot straps that are on the stand?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I like the stirups
they hold your foot much better than any strap does

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I have a summit open shot with the stirrups. I like them much better than the straps that were on my old stand. I can secure my feet in them without even looking. With the straps you either have to secure yourself with your safety harness to use both hands or do it with one hand.

If you do get them make sure you use a good bungy strap across the back of your feet. After awhile they will weaken, and not hold the stand as well as it did before.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I was like you... "why change something that ain't broke?" After somebody stole my summit climber, I purchased a new one with the stirrups. Man, It's way better! No bending over straining to get your feet in the straps making all that extra noise, just slide your feet under them and go.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'm with everyone else. This will be my 4th year with my Viper and I LOVE the stirrups. Best treestand invention since the climbing stand! I used to hate fumbling around with the straps on my API. No more...awesome. Some places have poles in the store where you can actually try the stands. I know Kinsey's does, or did anyway. Not sure now that they rearranged everything down there.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
I have an old viper too and the straps make a world of difference. Definately helps alot when climbing

·
Registered
583 Posts
Absolutely love them...they make climbing easier..!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts