The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a volleyball sized sheepshead and three one gallon ziploc bags of sulpher a today. Somerset county.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I found 5 sheepheads today 3 where to small to pick the other two were perfect,both weight 9.6 lbs will be back out sat.to check on the 3 small ones.

·
Registered
732 Posts
In NE Ohio & NW Pa sheephead seem to be popping now. I checked a stump two weeks ago that always has them early (sometimes in Aug). I found nothing. I went back today and found two decent ones. I also found 11 little ones just starting to grow there. My uncle said he is seeing the same thing in Pa. I would get out there now.

·
Registered
274 Posts
finally got a chance to check some of my spots. Only found one but thankful. it was very fresh. pic shows it in pieces but it was one mushroom. I had trouble cutting it from the stump. found some honey mushrooms also but didn't take any pics. will be hunting deer and also looking for shrooms too.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Any idea how long it takes the sheepsheads to grow? We found a stump sunday had couple good ones and several small ones about golf ball size. Checked them other day not much bigger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts