The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know nothing about trail cameras so I need some suggestions for the following situation. I live in a sub division and fortunately have cool neighbors. I also have some sort of critters coming into my yard and I would like to capture these animals on film to not only ID them but to see what in the world they are doing as well. My plan is to hammer in several posts around the property and move the camera from post to post over a period of time. I am not looking for National Geographic quality pics. Any suggestions relative to what I should consider purchasing are appreciated.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Well, you'll likely want to go with an I.R. Camera so as to not have flashes going off throughout the night.... I would personally suggest my personal favorite : the Bushnell Trophy Cam AP. Great pics and video in a small easy to use package - plus will run a year on one set of AA batteries!

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Depending on what kind of critters you are trying to capture always look at the camera's trigger speed. If your camera is over some kind of bait that will stop the animals a slower trigger speed will work. If they are walking by fast say on a trail a camera like a Cuddeback are good and most of them trigger in the quarter to half a second range. Lots of good camera's out there Browning, Bushnell, and Covert all make good camera's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts