The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though i have owned alot of guns I bought my first AR (thanks to the advise on here)and I'm thinking of trying a red dot on it. Any suggestions on which one? I dont want to spend $400, more like under $200.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
If you can swing it the Aimpoint Patrol can be had for right around 400 bucks.

The Vortex StrikeFire seems to get favorable reviews and PSA has it for under a 100 bucks. Also, Redfield CounterStrike would be worth checking out. Good luck and enjoy your new AR.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Burris fastfire II or III if you want small. The Bushnell trs-25 is also a great, inexpensive sight. Run about 75 bucks and they even come with an AR mount. I think even Walmart sells it now.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I have an Aimpoint PRO and would highly recommend it. They can be found for right around $400 or less. Indestructible, it can be turned on and left on with a battery life of 5 years on medium setting.

I also have a Vortex Strikefire which can be found for around $100 now that they introduced the Strikefire II. No complaints except the placement of the on/off switch which I heard was addressed with the new model.

I also have a Primary Arms Micro-Dot which is the least expensive of the three but is very good and gets excellent reviews.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary-Arms-s/586.htm

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
bownut said:
Strikefire here too. Love it. Go with the bright red not the red/green model.
X2. My StrikeFire is great for what I use it for. Im not the kind of guy who shoots 24/7 or 'torture tests" my equipment so I wasnt looking to spend a lot on a red dot. Strikefire suits my needs perfectly. Note, the picture is with the magnifier on the Strikefire, without it the red dot is shorter, enough to use my BUIS.

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
Primary Arms micro love the small size great optic if you can swing the money as others have said Aimpoint is the ticket their micro is amazing

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
I will follow up with another vote on the Vortex Strikfire. But I have the red/green dot and I really like the green better than red.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts